If you're visiting Walt Disney World Resort with your family, a vacation package may be best for you. Vacation packages usually include passes, hotel accommodation, and reservations for dining, shows and other events. This can save you a lot of time lining up for rides or making individual reservations. If you plan early, you can even get a discount just for buying your package in advance.
There are lots of Walt Disney World packages you can choose from, depending on your budget and preference. Most of them use the new ticketing system, Magic Your Way, which allows you to customize your tickets and buy any number of days you want on a discount system. Basically, the more days you buy, the cheaper the daily rates will be. Some of the most popular Walt Disney World packages are the following:
Standard Magic Your Way Package
This is the most basic of the Walt Disney World packages. It comes with a Magic Your Way base ticket, which allows you to enter one of the Walt Disney four theme parks (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and the Disney-MGM Studios) per day of your visit. You can upgrade this ticket with with the Park Hopper option to enter more than one theme park per day, the Water Park Fun & More option to enter the two Water Parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon), or the No Expiration option to remove the 14-day expiration period. The package also includes lodging at a Disney resort and a Disney luggage tag.
Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
In addition to the base tickets and hotel accommodation, this package also includes the Disney Dining Plan. Each person gets two meals and one snack for every night of their visit. If you ordered your tickets in advance, the vouchers and discount slips should be mailed along with the tickets. You can choose from over 100 restaurants within Walt Disney World Resort:
- Table-service meal: entree, appetizer, and a non-alcoholic beverage. Service charges may apply.
- Counter-service meal: entree and a non-alcoholic beverage.
- Snack: popcorn, novelty ice cream, medium soft drink, or other light foods available from snack carts and some counter-service locations.
Magic Your Way Premium Package
This package includes Magic Your Way premium tickets, which comes with the Park Hopper and the Magic Plus Pack. You also get a premium Dining Plan providing breakfast, lunch and dinner at table-service and counter-service restaurants, as well as signature dining, character dining, Disney dinner shows. The package covers service charges but not alcoholic beverages.
Each person also gets admission to the La Nouba Cirque du Soleil show and tours at the Magic Kingdom. Parties of eight or more can also join Grand Gathering events, and children aged four to 12 can join children's activity centers at some of the resorts.
These policies apply to all Magic Your Way packages:
- The packages recognize three guest groups: children (three to nine), juniors (10 to 17) and adults (18 and up). Everyone in your group should have the same type of ticket and options.
- Those in the Children guest group should order from the kids' menu at Disney restaurants.
- Guests can only share a room if they are on the same vacation package.
- There is no minimum length of stay for the packages. For the Magic Your Way Premium Package, however, the validity of your passes must be one day longer than your resort stay.
- Package accommodations do not include the Dolphin and Swan hotels.
Check our friends' websites